The redeveloped Ziock Building will serve as the gateway to the south corridor of our downtown. It will exude a fresh, positive image and significantly contribute to and complement the mission of other nearby in-place and emerging assets.
As a hotel and meeting space the Ziock Building will be a catalyst for enhanced appreciation and utilization of the river, of other historic architecture and major facilities including the multi-purpose arena (BMO Harris Bank Center); fully-restored 1920’s atmospheric theater for the performing arts (Coronado Theater); neighboring festival grounds (Davis Park); as well as the cultural corridor, governmental center and Downtown Sports Complex now underway.
The community views the primary potential for the Ziock Building to be mixed use featuring a lifestyle boutique or flagship hotel, upscale lofts, amenities for use by hotel guests and residential tenants, retail and commercial space and indoor parking.
1. Request for Information (RFI) NOTE: An RFI will not be forthcoming; it is preempted by an agreement between the City and Gorman & Company, Inc.
2. Reference Document (companion to the RFI) (PDF) – 20 pages
3. Time Line for the RFI Response Process and Tentative Timeline for the Proposal Submittal Process for selected Developers/Development Teams (PDF) – 1 page 4. “Final Proposal Requirements” which will provide a preview of the required submittal for those Developers or Development Teams who are short-listed following their RFI submittal and the City’s review process. (PDF) – 7 pages
5. Prospectus (PDF)
6. Floor plans (PDF). Includes floor areas and a concept plan for boutique hotel and residential units, parking and amenities. (3/28/3013) — Concept plan, hotel lobby and additional parking (new construction) (PDF). Here are floor-by-floor photos of existing interior (MS-Word Doc). Note: Some floors are not shown; we’ll add them as available. Also, here’s a link to what you might see if you lived in the building. (Cityscape Views).
7. Pro forma (PDF) — Financial Model and Tax Credit Scenarios
8. Verification of River Edge Redevelopment Zone eligibility, City of Rockford. (PDF).
9. Boundaries of the RERZ (PDF).
10. Flood Insurance Rate Map (PDF).
11. Phase II Environmental Results (PDF).
12. Rockford Region Quick Reference Guide (PDF).
Recent Press Releases and Articles
Rockford City Council Approves Ziock Redevelopment Agreement
See RRStar Article City Council Approves Ziock Redevelopment
How FOZ Saved the Ziock Building
See RRStar Article FOZ Saves Ziock
Rockford Register Star Endorsement Prior to City Council Vote
See RRStar Article Newspaper Endorses Redevelopment Vote
Rockford Register Star Editorial Following Council Approval
See editorial Editorial, April 14, 2014
Raise the Roof — A progressive party through some of Rockford’s most historic buildings — was a HUGE success. Proceeds benefit a new roof (including HVAC) at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Laurent House. Several people have asked for building histories and talking points that docents used during the tour. We’ll be providing those materials here as soon as they are available in a form suitable for posting.
Redevelopment Framework and Phase I Implementation Strategies or see the Rock River Development Partnership (RRDP) website
Rockford Aerospace Cluster, Site Selection, March, 2012
River’s Edge Redevelopment Zone work on tap, (RRStar), March 2012